Sunday 25 September 2016

Graduate Megan Lovell exhibits at Photokina


Megan Lovell, who graduated from the BA (Hons) Photography course this year, was the only British photographer to be honored in the UNICEF Photo of the Year 2015 competition, which was exhibited at Photokina, the world largest photographic fair.




 "The key is to realise your potential. That is when anything and everything is possible."



Megan says: "Being honoured in the UNICEF photo of the year 2015 was a fantastic surprise and left me feeling over the moon. Since finding out about the honourable mention, I had my photos shared on various websites including: UNICEF, Guardian, Cambridge News and more. 

Not only have my images being shared online they have been displayed in exhibitions. The first exhibition was in city hall, Meissen and the second at Photokina, Cologne. I felt pure excitement when I saw my work exhibited in one of the biggest photography festivals in the world. It made me realise what I photograph is important to share and I should not doubt myself as others will see the potential. 

The whole experience has boosted my confidence and motivated me to continue on my path. The key is to realise your potential. That is when anything and everything is possible."
 
The UNICEF Photo of the Year Awards recognise photos and photo series that depict the personality and living conditions of children worldwide in an outstanding manner.  The top prize was won by Georgi Licovski, a photographer with epa (European Pressphoto Agency), for his images of young refugees on the Greece-Macedonia border.

No comments:

Post a Comment